To start, if you don't know who Altiyan Childs is, you can check this out - he's been in the news a lot this week. And by news I mean gossip columns.
I'm still high as a kite after being told in the wee hours of yesterday morning that I'd won the Aussie Mummy Blogger with the X-Factor Award thanks to Home Loan Finder and Aussie Mummy Bloggers.
But I want to assure you, other than now being a snooty Apple-owning gal (this will be my first ever Apple product - I never even had a iPod, I used to carry around an old walkman because I hadn't even managed to get my hands on a discman) this won't change me a bit... and I'm going to declare that right now:
I, Glowless, solemnly swear to not move in with my drug and weapon possessing manager, have an intimate relationship with a 16 year old fan or become the executor of said 16 year old's mother's will. I will also not wear silk ties, talk like a lunatic and hang out in a cave to reconnect to "beautiful sadness"... If any such need for reconnecting occurs, it will be carried out the way normal people do it - in my lounge room, watching re-runs of Dexter with a bottle of unwooded chardonnay.
Got it? Good. But in all seriousness, thank you so much to everyone who voted - I have never won something like this in my entire life and I'm am humbled. Well, I will be humbled... just as soon as I stop jumping up and down with excitement. Plus I got to tell my Dad when he woke up after surgery and it made him smile - see that people? You made a sick man happy! Do you know how many karma points you just got??
But this isn't my platform, it's yours, so let's get on with the Flogging.
(As stolen from Lori, thus making Baby Jesus cry... sorry)
- Follow Where's My Glow?
- Bow down at the alter of Mummy Time; Blog-goddess, all round groovy gal and creator of FYBF
- Grab the FYBF button and post it on your sidebar or in the post you're linking up
- Link in your favourite/best post from the week (don't just put your blog URL)
- Follow at least 1 linkyer/blogger (Be nice and spread the comment love)
- The list will be open for linkyers on Fridays (and for the foreigners Friday as well)
- A new and fresh linky list will open every Friday. And you will have to link up AGAIN. The previous link list does not carry over to the following week
- Because I live in
DullsvillePerth the list will open around 7am AWST - I'm not getting up at 5am and the last time I scheduled a post it didn't work
Glowless rocked the Aussie Bloggers Conference thanks to