WARNING: The following post is not safe for dieters, diabetics or those with heart disease. Read on at your own risk.
Did somebody say cookies? No? It was just in my head? Um... right... awkward.
Never fear, that can be remedied! You will all be saying coooookies when I'm through here... either that or lapsing in to a diabetic coma.
I honestly have no idea where I got this recipe from, but I know the first time I made them was in August 2009 (how is it I remember the month I ate cookies but have no idea of the date I got engaged? Priorities!). If you recognize where the original recipe came from let me know and I'll credit it - though one of the things I learned at AusBlogCon was that if you put a recipe in your own words you completely circumvent any copyright... which seems a bit unfair to me, but for the purposes of these cookies, suits me very well.
The Best Ever Gooey Glowy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar (I know, two different kinds of sugar! Awesome, right?)
- 2 eggs
- 2tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Extra chocolate chips for decorating (Cos 1 1/2 cups is never enough)
- Preheat your oven to 180C or 160C fan forced
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt with a wire whisk and set aside
- With a mixer, cream the butter and both sugars
Heart attack, anyone?
- Add in eggs and vanilla, then beat it, baby
- Add half the flour mix, beat, add the other half, beat (Or just dump it in one lot if you're lazy like me)
- Stir in chocolate chips while eating a few
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the cookie dough out on to a baking sheet in to balls about 5cm apart - they spread like crazy
- Bake for 6 minutes then take them out and put the rest of the choc chips on, to make them purrrdy
Right side has extra to make it look nicer
- Bake for a further 6-8 minutes
- Remove and let them cool on a wire rack (or burn your mouth eating them straight away)
|Always with milk|
|I could only share six|
Glowless rocked the Aussie Bloggers Conference thanks to