Now there are a few things I'm basing this on:
1. The first lot of dough was white... I'd forgotten to put in cocoa. Then I realized I also had a cup of sugar sitting there waiting to go in too. Oops.
2. I put the oven on fan forced instead of normal. Double oops.
3. The snowballs didn't hold their shape ended up like snowflats and by the next morning they were too crunchy (but tasted awesome). Triple oops.
What do you do when you have a batch of
Chunky Chocolate Ripple Cheesecake
Alternatively titled "Oh-crap-I-ruined-the-biscuits Cheesecake"
- A batch of failed snowballs or a packet of biscuits, whatever floats your boat, about 175g
- 75g of butter
- 85g of dark chocolate (I used Lindt because it was on special)
- 250g of cream cheese
- 250g of ricotta
- 2/3 cup castor sugar
- 250mL thickened cream
- Smash up 150g of your failed snowballs/biccies until they look like breadcrumbs
- Add melted butter and combine
- Press in to a greased and lined 18cm pan, cover and chill it while you make the rest
- Melt your chocolate (microwave, double boiler, I'm not fussy) and allow to cool to room temperature
- Beat cream cheese, ricotta and sugar using an electric mixer and make sure to sing Michael Jackson's 'Beat It' while you do - it makes it turn out better
- Add the thickened cream and beat for five minutes
- Smash up the remaining 25g of your snowflats so that they're chunky and carefully fold through
- Pour the mixture in to the prepared base and smooth it out
Cookie pieces mixed in
- Drizzle most of the melted and cooled chocolate over the top and mix it around, being careful not to touch the bottom so you get a top layer of chocolate flavoured cheesecake (I think the soft centre of the Lindt chocolate really helped this part because it was really runny)
- Once the top layer is chocolatey, drizzle a little bit more on and swirl it to create your ripple
- Freeze for two hours
See those layers? And the cookie chunks? AWESOME!
Serve it with berries if you want to be all arty-farty or just inhale it like I did.
*insert rapturous applause*
Whaddya reckon? Is there a food blogger in me?