Last night, I was talking to a photographer called Evan Cooper on Twitter about how he should link up to FlogYoBlog Friday as a great way of promoting his blog, The Commitment Project.
But his is no ordinary photo blog (for starters, Mrs Woog has guest posted on there)... so I thought I could help by giving him his very own Edition!
The Commitment Project documents gay, lesbian and transgendered couples who have been in loving, long term relationship for more that 8.8 years. Why such an odd number? Because 8.7 years is the average length of a heterosexual marriage these days.
When The Project is complete, it will culminate in a very public showing of the photos; on a massive billboard at Town Hall Train Station in Sydney.
Evan hopes The Project will showcase that people can be in a loving, committed relationship with "the one" no matter what their gender or sexual orientation, hopefully challenging the current laws and discrimination along the way.
If you'd like to support The Project (or be photographed for it!) check out The Commitment Project, but for now, copy your links and let's Flog!
P.S. Thank you to the six people who took the time to decipher the code in The Not Quite Enigma Edition and reply with the answer! The winner was Jo who replied with the correct answer in record time and in morse code too! Jo, your prize is being posted today, hope you like it!
(As stolen from Lori, thus making Baby Jesus cry... sorry)
- Follow Where's My Glow?
- Bow down at the alter of Mummy Time; Blog-goddess, all round groovy gal and creator of FYBF
- Grab the FYBF button and post it on your sidebar or in the post you're linking up
- Link in your favourite/best post from the week (don't just put your homepage URL)
- Follow at least 1 linkyer/blogger (Be nice and spread the comment love)
- The list will be open for linkyers on Fridays (and for the foreigners Friday as well)
- A new and fresh linky list will open every Friday. And you will have to link up AGAIN. The previous link list does not carry over to the following week
- Because I live in
DullsvillePerth the list will open around 7am AWST - I'm not getting up at 5am and the last time I scheduled a post it didn't work.