After I stopped shaking, crying happy tears and thanking all the people who had contributed to such an awesome gift, it was time to go to the portrait session - they work best if the bub is under four weeks old so at when Tricky was three weeks and three days old he became a supermodel!
The studio was amazing - it was a bright, sun filled room that made me feel warm even on such a freezing cold day. A giant bed with a fluffy white doona was in the centre of the room and on the walls hung gorgeous bunting flags. If I took a photo with a bed and bunting it would be pathetic, but these simple props were all Jen needed to create some of the most beautiful images I've ever seen.
The session was so quick - it took just over an hour and some of that time was feeding Tricky to try and get him to go to sleep so we could get some of the gorgeous 'sleeping naked baby' shots - but it didn't feel rushed at all, just calm and relaxed, a testament to how professional Jen is. We had a variety of shots taken, some of the three of us, of just me and Tricky, just Hubby and Tricky and of course, my little Tricky by himself, asleep on the cloud of doona. Jen has a way of not just taking photos, but capturing the mood, the spirit and the essence of the day, so without even seeing the images I knew they would be fantastic. But when I did see them? Wow. Bring on another round of happy tears (yeah I know, all this crying is really getting old).
|Looking a little bit like a carrot top!|
|My little Gumnut Tricky|
Up for grabs is a fantastic mini studio session for two children at Anna Rose Photography valued at $275! Entering is simple:
- Become a 'public' follower of the blog by clicking on 'Follow'. It should be just over to your right where it says "Get your Glow on" >>>>
- Leave a comment telling me why you'd like to win a studio session at Anna Rose Photography. Don't put it on Facebook, click on where it says "Post a Comment". Make sure you leave the comment as your Google Friend Connect ID so that when you win I'm able to contact you.
- Spread the word! Help me promote our fabulous sponsor by linking to this competition on Facebook and Twitter - your entry is going to be so great you won't mind others entering too! There are even little buttons just below that will link it for you, how easy is that?
- If you're having trouble please email glowless(at)gmail(dot)com
To see more of Jen's fabulous work, visit her website or blog - If you go back through a few you can even see more of Tricky's shoot and *gulp* I'm in some of them.
The Fine Print
- The winner receives a half hour mini studio session for two children (must be siblings) at the Anna Rose Photography studio in Subiaco, Western Australia, and a 14 day online gallery valued at $275.
- Prints are not included in this prize, it is the winner's own responsibility to pay for any and all prints they wish to purchase.
- The voucher is valid until 31 December 2010
- The voucher is not redeemable for cash
- The entries will be judged by a third part who will be unaware of the entrant's name - basically this means I won't be playing favourites if a friend enters.
- The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
- The winner agrees to have his/her first name published on the blog and is welcome to share their experience at the studio in a guest post.