This is a C1 post
For full details please see my disclosure policyThis post was meant to go live forever ago. So instead of saying I've tried these products for a while, I can honestly say I have tried them FOR AGES and love them. Turns out there is actually an up side to being so forgetful.
We've been putting some funky baby and kids products from hip online baby shop Finlee & Me through the ringer here at Casa de Glow lately (for the last billion months - sorry Angela!). The lovely (and amazingly patient) Angela, aka the "Me" in Finlee & Me sent Tricky and Bobbin some awesome presents:
I know what you're thinking. How is this different to a normal picnic rug? Why should I spend almost $40 on a blanket? Well it's a decent size at 5'x5' (152cm x 152cm) so everyone can fit on nicely, it's water repellant and machine washable, but my favourite things about it are:
- Weighted corners so your windy day picnic doesn't end up with you strategically placing the salad bowl on one corner, the esky on another, and cramping your space. But if it is insanely windy there are loops you can stake it to the ground through
- It has centre loops, too, but these ones are to keep baby toys ON the mat so they don't go walk about and end up in the Kangaroo poo (which has magnetic properties to babies and their toys)
- It all squishes down in to a cute little zip up pouch (attached so you don't lose it!) that has been clipped on to my pram since the day we got it!
You can do the monkey with the Monkey Mat at Finlee & Me in blue, orange, khaki and pink for $39.95.
Little Num Nums Natural Teether
Teething is the bane of my existence right now. Bobbin has just cut her seventh tooth and wants to gnaw on something constantly to relieve the discomfort - her dummy, her fingers, my nipple (OH DEAR GOD!), pretty much anything she can get her mitts on. I have attached this all natural teething heart to her pram, my carrier and her car seat at different times and she happily sucks and chews on it for ages. It's obvious she loves it, but this is what I love about it:
- Dishwasher safe. Booyah. Best two words in the world
- They are BPA, Phthalate, Lead and PVC Free. I can't pronounce some of those, but I know they're bad mmkay
- Each comes with a box and a pram strap to stop it getting festy in the bottom of your nappy bag or lost somewhere between the bakery and the car park
- It is not my nipple - I cannot stress the importance of this enough right now
Portable Travel High Chair
I am a huge believer that kids should eat with adults at the family table. I'm also a huge believer in going out to eat, letting someone else cook and having someone else do the dishes! Huzzah! Now I'm no germ-o-phobe, I let my kids play in dirt and if they eat food off the floor at home I kinda just roll my eyes because I know it is pretty clean since I spend so much time with a mop in my hand. But restaurant highchairs are feral. Ever wiped one down with a wet wipe and it's come up almost black and still left bits of food spot welded to the tray? Yeah, me too. And it sits there next to the impeccably clean tables... so put your kid at the table, I say. The best bits about this highchair are:
- It is super small when scrunched in to it's carry case - the size of a MCN or two disposable nappies
- Uses a five point harness and hardcore stitching so it's very safe
- Adjustable to fit many chair shapes and sizes - it even has space for fancy chair backs to go through at the top
You can purchase the ultimate Portable Travel High Chair at Finlee & Me in a range of funky colours and designs for $44.95. Bobbin is modeling the Coco Snow design.
This stuff is the shiz. For a person who passionately (and quite vocally) hates the amount of sand that is tracked through her house, it is surprising that I would be singing the praises of sand as an INSIDE TOY. But if you ever play with this stuff, you'll know why. It is just amazing. Everyone who has had a play with this at our place has been memorized by it's texture and properties, even Tricky, who doesn't like sand on his hands usually. But he will quite happily play with it quietly for ages, which is great for his fine motor skills, his creativity and my ability to drink a hot cup of tea and sit down for a breather. The best bits about Kinetic Sand are:
- It's sticks to itself not to you! You won't be sweeping it up for days
- Won't dry out so you can use it over and over again
- Great for sensory play
- Anti-microbial and non toxic
- The coolest texture ever. It's almost like magical solid liquid hybrid without the goo
You can get your hands (cleanly) on Kinetic Sand at Finlee & Me from $19.95
My other fave things about the store are:
- they're an Australian stockist of Elf on the Shelf
- they sell ethically made felt ball rugs (I neeeeeed the rainbow one)
- they stock a huge range of wooden Montessori and Steiner toys
- postage is a flat $9.95 or free on orders over $150 so you won't get stung
- Angela is awesome and so understanding even after I had this ready to go and forgot about it for months. MONTHS!