Tricky has an adorable little shirt that has a picture of a cute dinosaur and the words "Sleepy Saurus" on it. If it wasn't a size 000, I think I'd wear it myself.
I'm tired. This is no great revelation, every mother I've ever spoken to is tired too. You adjust pretty quickly to less sleep, but you do function on auto pilot for a lot of the day. But being a partial zombie isn't the best – on planes, the auto pilot is used only when going straight ahead at high altitude, when the plane doesn't have to do anything fancy like land or time the potatoes to be ready at the same time as the steak.
Some of the stupid things I've done recently as a result of being in a permanent state of sleepwalking include:
- Missed entire steps of the cooking process. I'll have a dish in the oven and look at the table to see one of the ingredients still sitting there. This has made for some very interesting meals but Hubby, knowing what is good for him, always says it still tastes great
- Tried in vain to put the cordless kettle back on it's little stand only to discover that I was actually holding the milk
- Told the same story to the same person at least three times. I now start each and every conversation with “Did I tell you...”
- Left the front door not only unlocked but ajar when I went out to the shops
- Lost my keys on an almost daily basis. They are elusive little suckers, keys - I do not know how they end up in the cutlery drawer
- Put my breast pad on backwards. This wouldn't be so much of an issue if the backs of them weren't adhesive. Peeling off a breast pad that is glued to your golden nipple is on par with a brazilian wax
Have you done anything silly/memorable/embarrassing in a sleep deprived state? Leave a comment below with your story. No seriously, do it – just so I know I'm not the only one!
Like this post? Why not use the icons below (where it says 'Bookmark this post') to share it on Digg, Twitter or Facebook?