I knew that Tricks had made me a handprint magnet and a bookmark at Day Care - because they were presented to me on Thursday along with some iced biscuits with a joyful "Happy Mother's Day. Can I eat them?". I died from all the cute. My first hand crafted Mother's Day presents were divine! But I had no clue what on earth could involve the destroying of a muffin tin.
Last night Map Guy tried to sneak his way to the shed, muffin tin in hand. It is impossible to sneak to the shed when I know there are presents involved. My hearing becomes cat-like. I could have heard that shed key being picked up half a kilometre away.
I listened. There was banging around. Then... there was a drill. What the actual fuck?
I had visions of some bizarre art piece that would represent the trials and tribulations of motherhood. Or even a take on consumerism. Anything but what I actually received this morning when I was woken up for the best god damn breakfast in bed I've ever had:
A bowl of BACON ROSES, PEOPLE!!!! It does not get much better than that!
Here's how he made them:
- Buy a cheap muffin tin. Drill a small hole in the bottom of each section then wash thoroughly - metal filings don't go down so well
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees
- Roll up middle rasher bacon from the thin end to the fat end
- Place in the muffin tin and then in a baking dish - this allows the fat to leak out otherwise you'll just have a bacon rose sitting in a puddle of fat. Ick
- Cook for 40 minutes (allowing a gooooood sleep in!)
- Place on stems from fake flowers, or if you can't get to the $2 shop in time arrange them in a bowl
- Serve and receive the biggest brownie points of your life!
What did you get?