This is a S3 post - I received a Cuisine Companion for review purposes
For full details please see my disclosure policy
I've been playing with some recipes for protein balls lately. Bliss Balls. Amaze Balls. Whatever you want to call them, it's just fun to be able to say balls a lot, right? Balls.
Most of my recipe creations invovle me throwing random seeds and nuts in, whizzing it up and hoping for the best. This has resulted in me having some very sad balls. Over processed balls. Powdery balls. Even cardboard tasting balls. When you're including these in your diet to replace delicious Mars bars then cardboard balls just ain't gonna cut it.
I've been working on this one for a while now. I could have googled someone else's recipe but I really wanted to see if I could translate what was in my head (and what my taste buds were calling out for) in to a recipe. I think I've done it. Because these Amaze Balls really are amazeballs.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup cashews (I use roasted unsalted)
- 16 dried dates
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 tablespoon protein powder (vanilla flavour preferably)
- 1/3 cup choc chips
- Soak your dates in the boiling water for a few minutes
- While they're soaking, place almonds, cashews, vanilla and protein in the Cuisine Companion and blitz on speed 12 for 10 seconds. If you're using a different food processor, you want it to be small chunks after this stage
- When your dates are a bit soft, add them to the bowl and blitz again on speed 12 for 10 seconds. Don't discard the water just yet
- If the mix is not coming together, add a few teaspoons of the date water to help it combine
- When it's at your desired consistency (don't over process, it will be like nut butter and won't form) take a teaspoon of the mixture out, add two or three choc chips to it and roll it in to a small ball. It's easier if your hands are slightly damp but not wet
- Repeat until you've done it all, I usually get about 25 from this recipe
- Refrigerate until set, try not to eat them all at once!
Enjoy your balls!